Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Crazy Sexy Cancer

I got a chance to see this show Crazy Sexy Cancer last night that I've heard quite a bit about lately and all the flurry about the show is very well deserved.

"On Valentine's Day 2003, 31-year-old actress/photographer Kris Carr was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer. Weeks later, she began filming her story. Turning a seemingly tragic situation into a creative expression, Kris revealed her intimate thoughts, struggles and fears before the camera, sharing her story of survival with courage, strength, and lots of humor. "

While I was watching the show I was talking to my b-friend on the phone, and telling him about the program he said "oh gawd that sounds like it's horribly depressing" but it wasn't it was uplifting actually. As Kris describes in one part that "cancer has not kept her down but has propelled her into living her fullest." Because really if you think about it, In the end we are all dying really...shouldn't we all be living to our fullest?

highly recommend the show if you can catch it. I think I heard something about a book as well.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I had not heard about this. What a kick ass woman she must be.

But I can't help but wonder....how much longer does she have?

Richie Designs said...

I'm not sure they didn't address that. I just saw over the weekend she'll be a featured guest on Oprah this week [if you get O there?]

It's very slow moving and was "as far into remission" as possible at the end of the show. she did it through diet changes ect.

she was planning her wedding as well with a very nice man that she met while taping. it was very sweet.