Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here is to kickin' ass with Gold Lame in 2009


I rather dislike New Years Eve.

When I was younger I attempted to do the party thing, the big fabulous- make a big deal out of nothing-thing. Somewhere in my 30's I just got tired of pretending it was something special, this ordinary night, and went to sleep early. Against my better judgement, we're headed out to a gathering tonight. It will be nice to see my friends who have made the big effort of this event but really what I want to do is watch a movie in bed. That's the kind of exciting I am.

It's been an interesting year this 2008. I think you'll all agree it's been a doozy. So I thought I would don my best kick ass heels for you today and begin the year as a Diva Super Hero, and wish you a gold-lame-spike-heel-bad-ass-2009.


Photo: JD Ferguson for V magazine because, I seriously think if we all wore these Super Hero shoes from Rodarte for just a bit of time, to the grocery store, to the mall, maybe even to Target that we could change the world with kick-ass-ness.

2 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

happy 09!

SGM said...

Ooooh, I am all over the gold lame! Thank you. :)
HAppy 2009, Richie!