Friday, December 19, 2008

Things That Make My Heart Melt


Santa is bringing my 8 yr old nephew a new fancy bed. Plots are being made so that he stays at Grandma's house Christmas Eve so that Santa may install said bed. There were concerns that it may be difficult to pry him away from the house and Santa's arrival. I think my brother and sister-in-law have been working on him for a while now so that he thinks it was his idea. My mom [Grandma] got a call the other night from him. The conversation went something like this, as told to me by my mom:

[H] Grandma, I was thinking of coming over on Christmas Eve to stay the night with you so you're not lonely.

[G] Oh good, I was worried about being lonely that night, I would love for you to come over and stay with me.

[H] I mean, I know Aunt Richie will be there but I just want to make sure you were ok.

[G] Oh honey, Aunt Richie isn't coming this year, she's going back East to stay with Chris' family. So I will be all alone.

[H] Ok, then for sure I'll come over to keep you company so you're not by yourself.

[G] I think that would be great.

I mean, seriously...does it get any cuter than that?

--------
I'm heading back east for the holidays. If I don't get a chance to post anything have a very merry Christmas.

2 comments:

karey m. said...

have a great holiday...

i loved this story. it's always nice to hear of a lovely boy, isn't it?

Jennifer Lee said...

happy holidays!