Sunday, September 14, 2008

I can recommend...

So I've been testing some products for all of you. Yes, in the duty that has become mine, I've let myself be a Guinea pig for you so that you all may benefit from my ummm...experience. In the vein of SGM who will be heading Bravo shortly, I don't know how I don't work in Clarins's corporate offices yet or possibly run the company. I'll learn French later, I swear.



Bright Plus HP
Clarins daily brightening lotion with SPF 20. I wasn't sure I was going to notice anything with this product but about 6 weeks into it and I really noticed my skin tone more even and less pigment issues, freckles decreased. Very impressed with the results. Anything that does double duty [lightening and SPF] is way OK in my book $$57
*they have a little gift set right now same price for the solo product that also has two other brightening treatments in it.
great deal.




Younger Longer Balm
New to the Clarins line I received a couple of samples the last round of purchases I made. The name made me balk a bit, whatever...younger, longer yah. I have no idea what's in this stuff but I want to drink the whole bottle. A notable difference overnight in tone and appearance. It's recommended to use only every other night with no other products - apparently it's that strong. I finally plopped down my $$$ for a full tube but I decided to use it for a couple days in a row. I mean, if a little bit is good, a lot must be great right? Don't ask the price, it's ugly...just buy it and thank me later. $$$$


Lisse Minute Base "The best Spackle you'll ever have".

I think I might have mentioned this product before in a review but it deserves a second nod in case you weren't paying attention. Again, I don't know what's in it - but who cares. I Want to rub it all over my body. It's suppose to be used in the eye area as a makeup primer. It reduces lines and pores instantly. Again, I'm of the thought more is better when it comes to skin care and I have used it all over my face as an all over primer. Awesome. application note* Let it settle on the skin a few minutes before applying makeup though, otherwise things tend to slide around. I opt to prep my face with my day lotion and this stuff, blow dry my hair then go back to makeup. $28

Your dutiful Guinea pig signing off.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Whaddya doing to me? I can't afford more products. But I am off to buy the younger longer balm and the lisse minute base.

PS Try the Obaji exfoderm forte - it's seriously amazing - you won't believe how this makes your skin feel after a few days. crazy.

Richie Designs said...

oooh a product I don't know about...intrigued!

I can't afford them either. By the time I finish paying off my Macy's card for one "section" I have to pony up again.

I have one rule and that's I'm only allowed to buy three products at one time. Only 3...otherwise I'll leave owning blood and my first born. I've stuck to it for 19 years now it works. Problem is, some of them are more expensive than others ie: younger, longer...that one was the price of 3 together.

ugh