Sunday, August 02, 2009

Target Chic

I'm a diamond stud kinda girl, always have been. Dangily earrings hurt, they weigh too much, they confuse me. It's one more thing I have to worry about getting ready. I generally look like a drag queen when wearing them.



$7.99

This was how things were, but well I'm wearing dangliy earrings now. Since working at home or errr... job searching I mean...I have lost my fashion mojo. It's hard to get up and get decked out for no one, just to walk downstairs and sweat in the non-air conditioned office that is my home. So I made a plan a few weeks ago. Dresses. Super easy comfortable knit dresses. I pulled a couple of maxi dresses out from last summer and I was hooked. I look like I put some big effort into it. I can go out in public if need be and not be embarrassed. But still there was something...well not glamorous enough, so I bought a 5$ silver cuff from H&M [gawd bless H&M!] and a 5$ pair of big silver hoops to go with it and Viola! instant glam.



$7.99

Now I'm hooked. I need a fancy pair for each of my dresses don't you think? I wish I could show you the cutie pair I found at Target today but alas they are not listed. $5.99 folks. Target and H&M are treasure troves for inexpensive costume jewels. I get people stopping me all the time about one long necklace I wear...Target kids... $8.99 plastic painted silver that provides just a little sometin' sometin'


I can't wear gold it makes my skin look all reddish...but if I could I would do this bracelet $9.99

So here are a couple of cute pairs. You gotta go easy on the cheap stuff though, just one of two and you gotta look at it and decide does it really look like silver painted plastic? if so pass. I might also add that it works best with a single colored dress or black if you can't decide. You can get away with cheap with something black and a simple sandal.

So go and be chic darlings!

No comments: