Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rivers Of A Lost Coast

you might blink a few times and wonder what the hell a fishing movie is doing on this art/design/fashion/whatever this is site. Let me first say that I have not fished since I was about 9, dad, me, my little brother we had a kiddie pole, we waited, it was boring and that was the end of that. To be honest I haven't even seen A River Runs Through It, which according to some should revoke my girl-card all together considering Brad Pitt rules all things wonderful in it.



But if you've followed my tale for any time you might remember that I met my sweetheart in a fly fishing shop [now in medical school should you be keeping up]. I was not there of my own accord that day but buying wardrobe for a photoshoot. He was a professional guide and the pro shop manager, instructor etc. The rest of that is history but Chris has loved fly fishing since he was a little boy so when I saw a flyer for this movie, Rivers of A Lost Coast earlier this week I checked into it. It looks kinda neat and I don't even fish. Course, I also love a great documentary too.

If you're in the LA area and are interested or know of anyone interested it's playing at the Grooviest theater in town The Art on 4th street here in Long Beach next weekend Aug 22 and 23 noon both days. Part of the proceeds are going to a group called Trout Unlimited with preservation in mind [I think]

"There is a documentary coming out soon that if you're a fisherman you should see. Probably you should see it even if you're not a fisherman" San Francisco Chronicle

No comments: