Friday, July 24, 2009

New In the studio - Jenn and Michael via Kenya



Jenn and I got to be great email buddies over the past few months! We began her project, jeez, in March or April I think. She and her fiance are living in Kenya currently. They are both in public health and are working on projects overseas [I think I understood her correctly?] I often got notes from her that said I'll be out of reach this week... off to Afghanistan or the Congo this week! It was amazing to me that we were working on a project and she was on the other side of the world.

Jenn sent me a scan of a napkin sketch that they had in mind. They have lived in a number of different cities and wanted to incorporate each piece into their invite. Texas, Washington DC, Boston, London and Kenya. So each week I worked on a new component of the illustration. She gave me feedback each week and I altered and changed based on those comments. I lost count on how many weeks but I think it was pushing 12 before we printed! It just goes to show you that anything is possible these days on the web. Jenn and I only spoke once on the phone during our planned press check via twitter and the email images.



We stuck with a one color letterpress piece navy blue on pearl white Lettra paper and I was able to add on last minute, the kissing icon in a hang tag size with some room left over on the plate. How much do you love their silhouettes? They took a photo of themselves against a white wall and I traced them for the illustration.



Components printed: Invite, Map/Info Card, RSVP, fold over Thank You card, and hang tag for the event and gifts.
Congrats Michael and Jenn have a wonderful wedding in October!

1 comment:

SGM said...

Gorgeous! (as usual, I might add.)