Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A phone message from Tara:

I'm a bit poop'd out at the moment going to take a couple days off to recoup. but before I leave here is a hilarious conversation that happened a few years ago.

This was a real phone message from my friend Tara a few years ago. I replayed it and transcribed it because it was so stinkin' funny. At one point when I had a greeting card company with my friend April, this was one of in our line up -which is why I still have it.

I titled it 30-something phone call


ring , ring, ring [message machine picks up]
“hey, we’re not here so leave a message”

“Heyyyyyyy it’s me, it’s been a long time. what the hell is going on? I hope you’re well. I’m on my way home from getting my hair cut and visiting with my cousin’s new baby--who is so damn cute it makes me want to pop out about seven!

But I guess I need a man [at some point] for that, right? That’s ok, because I’ve been reading up on freezing my eggs so that when I’m 52 and finally meet a man who’s worthy, I can maybe pop out a few puppies.

Anyway, I don’t want to use up all your tape. Talk to you later. miss you, see ya, bye.

oh...before I forget, that guy at the gym who I’ve been eyeing...gay.”

click.

2 comments:

franki durbin said...

LOL. Yes, I'm very familiar with messages like that. Gotta love our girlfriends, don't we?

SGM said...

Dude, was she drinking? ;)
I love messages like that.