Monday, June 02, 2008

New Angela Adams Totes



I love Angela Adams patterns they just say "happy happy" to me. I got a note in my inbox from their PR person letting me know about their new totes [how cute are they?] and beach towels which of course, I want one of everything. Totes are made with her lovely Sunbrella Line of fabric and are available in three sizes: Large Island Totes, 21"x18"x8.5" $149.00 Medium Island Totes, 18.5"x11.5"x6" $109.00 Travel Kits, 9"x6.5"x2.5" $39.00.

The best part about all of this is they are made in Maine.

I say this because I deal with product development occasionally in my office and cost is always the bottom line. It never fails that we end up producing our work overseas when the projects are awarded. Each time it bums me out to no end, knowing that all the fuel is being wasted shipping or flying the pieces over, that US factories aren't getting the work because someone in China is willing to work for half. So here you have it, US production at it's finest. I think it's just great.


Don't forget to check out her paper goods which are such a treat. I never see that section of her work talked about very much.

2 comments:

karey m. said...

those are awesome bags! why haven't i ever seen these before...

oh! and thanks for the little gossip nugget, you! i know you know more than you'll ever tell us...

Richie Designs said...

They're brand new!! that's why you haven't seen them. straight from the PR director

:)