Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Before I was so rudely interrupted

Before I was so rudely interrupted by my kidney, I was going to be Mr. Rogers. Hi kids! welcome to my studio. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood....


hand mixing ink and my garage studio

On Saturday before I went to the ER, I finished another set of wedding invites for my good friends John and Jane. John is one of my favorite people on the planet, he also happens to be a vendor for my office. I would be friends with him even if he didn't work for us. He's just good people..

A few years ago his life-long love passed away from cancer and year of so later he met Jane. And now they're getting married, and he asked me to do his invites. Now this man does have access to EVERY major art director in Los Angeles, he also is a printer by trade. He prints books [brochures] for nearly every major car manufacturer in the U.S. I was beyond honored. I wanted to make his work more than special. He hasn't seen the final piece yet but I suspect he'll be very happy.

You'll have to cut me some slack on the shitty photos. I'm still trying not to pee on myself [read entry below]

click to enlarge any photo.







I'll post some better pics to my paper site soon.

of course if you have a special invite or stationery need I'm always looking to chat. contact me at richele[at]richiedesigns.com for estimates or more information about letterpress.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Phenomenal! I so wish I could think up something I needed your work for. I will think of it some day. What a talent you have!

Richie Designs said...

thank you so much!