Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One of the Many Great Things about Girlfriends

April: Guess who I saw this weekend? [she's a restaurant GM]
Me: Who?
April: Your ex-husband.
Me: Oh gawd really?
April: Yeah, he was trying to get for dinner on a Saturday night without a reservation. Also, I was a little mean to him.
Me: [excitedly] Like how?
April: Well, when he walked up I said "DJ Wxxxxxx?" in the tone like "oh my gosh is it you?" [he dj's at a local bar on Monday ntes] He got really excited like someone had recognized him. He asked me "How do I know you?"......so I said, "you remember, Richele's best friend April". His face dropped about 5 feet. And then when he inquired about getting in for dinner I told him the wait was 2.5 hrs. It was really only an hour.
Me: Nice work on the DJ move -that was awesome.
April: I think he was with his wife.
Me: No, didn't I tell you? she left him, they're divorced.
April: No, you didn't tell me that!
Me: Oh yeah happened a while ago. I guess marrying someone who's 21 when you're 35 isn't such a keen idea.
April: Well then he was with a very short woman wearing a huge straw hat, it was very bizarre.
Me: You know he'll probably try and come back right?
April: No, he won't.
Me: I wouldn't be surprised if he called and asked for you - he's clueless like that.
April: Don't worry I think the tone of my DJ Wxxxxx, horrified him enough, as well as my hostess, I had to explain to her why I was so incredibly rude to him. Plus, if he calls, we're booked.

3 comments:

karey m. said...

YOU HAVE AN EX-HUSBAND?!

who's already divorced AGAIN?

have you told this story? you ARE holding back on the good stuff!

Richie Designs said...

I think you might have joined the game late girl.

married at 26
divorced on my 30th bday [wow...it's almost 9 years...sunday]

I was young and dumb and just wanted to be married to anyone. He was in my path. He's an idiot on a number of levels.

so if you're keeping score:
me: 1 marriage 1 divorce

him: 2 marriages 2 divorces.

Amanda said...

Awesome! What a GREAT friend! That is the best!