Monday, May 26, 2008

The National Stationery Show

So last week I went to the National Stationery Show. And if I were on my game I would have posted the minute I got back from NYC. Or if I was really, really together and hip to the scene, I would own a laptop and would have posted while sitting in the airport like really together people.

But, since right now I'm barely keeping my shit together with way, way too many freelance projects, you get the shizzle 10 years later. Whatever folks, I hear you moaning but I gotta sleep. I tell you, it was a little daunting and I got a little overwhelmed while I was there. There are so many great artists working now in letterpress I got myself a little bummed out about what I have to offer and if it's anything different or better than what is being offered now. I'll have to just have faith and courage that I do have something unique that people want.

Here are some people who really rocked my world.

Oddball press


Hammerpress
They probably would hate me for saying this but I love how they look like Hatch Show Print, but funkier.


Pica Press



cecily ink


Modern Printed Matter


There are a few more but why kill a good thing now? I'll post more later.

1 comment:

Alex with Attic Antics said...

Thanks for including Cecily Ink among this great group of paper lines – you're right, the show was truly overwhelming and brimming with amazing talent!