Friday, May 09, 2008

The Most Insanely cool offer ever


So here it is people...It looks pretty solid that I'm buying a giant hunk of metal - more aptly known as a press to continue with my letterpress obsession. I want to concentrate on wedding invites but of course birthday, baby etc would be welcome.

Because I'm still new at this game and would like to add more samples to my portfolio, so I want to make a very special offer to my readers. I'll be taking on 1 perhaps 2 more clients for an upcoming class that I'm taking at COST.

You could potentially have a complete set of custom designed invites that are letterpressed for something in the family of $500 [normally it would be anywhere from $1500-3000]. If you are getting married in the fall and can take possession of your invites either in July or August and still have proper time to send out I would like to chat with you. [I'm going to put a max of invites at 100 pieces to be fair to everyone]

You would be required to pay for all paper, ink, envelopes, plates and film, not to mention my gas and shipping [if necessary] for sourcing these pieces. Based on a set that I'm working on currently it will most likely run you about $500-600 depending on the final piece. I might require a few coffees from Peet's in this deal as well.

I'm not sure how many people I'll have taking the bite on this so please give me a little sob story of why I should choose you. I'm in the southern california area but can work long distance. Don't forget to leave me your email in the comments section.

Also incase you're sending this on to someone you know here's a bit about me:

I've been working in graphic design and advertising for the past 13 years, I have a fine art background and have been working in fine art printing and letterpress for the past 3 years. I have also worked on my own in the greeting industry for the past 20 years, most recently I was published by Madison Park Greetings.

About my style... I tend to work toward the modern with clean lines and simple type but I can generally work with anyone's taste and make it work for both of us. I would be happy to send more samples of my work along in the getting to know you dialog.

2 comments:

SGM said...

Oh, I wish I was getting married! (not really, but boy would I love to have you do my invitations!)

Richie Designs said...

thanks!