Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More news from NYC

So I promised that I would talk about my star sightings from New York. To be honest they weren't super exciting but it is fun to spot someone on the street when you're there. It's funny, I live in LA but I hardly ever see anyone famous here. Everyone is in their cars here but nearly every time I go to NYC I see someone famous walking down the street. I've seen Natalie Portman [so beautiful it should be a crime], Christy Turlington [curvier yeah! than I had expected], Ron Howard and his daughter, and various other B-Listers that I can't even recall at the moment. So drum roll please....Spring 08' sightings...Ivanka Trump and Carnie Wilson.



Ivanka we saw on Sunday morning power walking with her girlfriend on the Upper East. The Girl has legs for days, and I can happily say isn't a stick girl. Oddly enough we walked another block opposite of her and she had just passed her own fine jewelry store.


The second spotting was interesting as it was on my Jet Blue Flight home. She was unassuming and very undiva like. There isn't a first class with JB so she sat with us average folk, brought her own salad, chatted with the woman sitting next to her and the flight attendant. A few people recognized her and she was always smiling and saying hello if she needed to. You can tell she goes out of her way to be kind, which in daily life, must be a lot of work. She's a beautiful girl and though she has been in the press recently for gaining some of her weight back I thought she looked lovely. It's a shame that we all expect ourselves and others to fit into the skinny mold when clearly her body prefers to be more round. I hope that she finds peace with that as well, but easier said than done especially when tabloids like to say the worst.

3 comments:

karey m. said...

grrr. have been trying to leave comments for DAYS!!! my internet here stinks.

love ivanka. she was just here, and my friend was supposed to go to a dinner with her. but she's like six months preggers and not feeling cute. i suggested she bag the whole deal. she did.

Richie Designs said...

ummm...your girlfriend dines with Ivanka Trump?
please do tell more about these fancy friends of yours

and how I can get to her to do a letterpressed invite or anything of some sort for her!!

House of Milk said...

I met Carnie Wilson back in 2001. She was my first ever celebrity sighting and I flipped out and gushed over her like I was meeting the Beatles. She was so sweet and unassuming, though. I'm glad you mentioned how pretty she is, because she really is a gorgeous gal. Love your blog! :)