Sunday, September 09, 2007

New Additions




My brother and sister-in-law got a phone call almost a year ago now inquiring whether they would be interested in adopting a child from a family member that was having her rights taken away for drug related charges. In early spring they got custody of my niece Kiley who I hadn't had a chance to meet until they came to visit last week and we all went to Disneyland. We had a great time and Kiley who just turned two in June is doing amazingly well and is very spunky for a two year old! She has all of us including her brothers wrapped around her pinky. She definitely is the rock star and we are the roadies.

Makes you wonder what other fabulous children are slipping through the cracks in the foster care and adoption systems. I can't imagine her being in constant transition and not having a home or a future.



Hunter pretending to be a chicken -what else do you do when you're 6?



Bryan 14, reluctantly letting me take his photo.

No comments: