Monday, April 16, 2012

megan + kevin

megan and I met at a bridal show in SF last August. She was having doubts about the invites she had originally picked and were due out mid September. She had a dream of a family crest that I was able to help put together for her. We found a crest shape and the items she wanted in the form and I brought in illustrator Serena Chang to complete the look.



Because of our expedited time frame, we opted to digitally print the invites and while those were in progress we had time to letterpress the envelopes and work on the inner envelope liner that had a special motif to it. The envelopes were then shipped out quick.like.a.bunny to the calligrapher. I was definitely a dance of project management and time.



we had a bit more time after the crest was completed for me to letterpress the thank you cards. we ran some extras so that the new couple would have family stationery. I believe the latin term means "better together" which of course they are.

After the invites were completed we then worked on a wedding program [complete with sheet music!], stickers for treat bags with the cute gopher, matching custom hankies, menus, and itineraries for out of towners before the big day.

It's funny, I get so emotionally involved working with brides so closely. I always ask them to send me a photo afterwards. I want to see the big day! they were lovely of course.

invite details:
formal inner-outer envelope
outer envelope letterpressed in navy ink
inner envelope poppy with custom liner
invite, map, rsvp digitally printed
navy rsvp envelope letterpressed with silver ink

thank you card letterpressed with navy ink, grey envelope return address printed with black ink

look familiar? It's also feature over here today on Nole's amazing site Oh So Beautiful Paper

No comments: