Thursday, March 11, 2010

the hustle of worthy

I'm a hustler have I told you? no gold watches in my trench coat, no plots of land in Florida just the hustle of approval.

Today I was visiting superhero journal because she's always good for thinking deep and her post today is on worthiness. This is something that stood next to me on my walk this morning. It's been following me for some time now and it may be the size of a Jumbo Uhaul if I really admit the truth. It's something that started very early and that a mental professional so aptly pointed out to me yesterday. Thanks for that. LOVE to know something that I've already been aware of in the most annoyingly, large way.



"If we spend a lifetime trying to distance ourselves from the parts of our lives that don’t fit with who we think we’re supposed to be, we stand outside of our story and have to hustle for our worthiness by constantly performing, perfecting, pleasing, and proving. Our sense of worthiness lives inside of our story. It’s time to walk into our experiences and to start living and loving with our whole hearts.” Brene Brown

anyway if you're into it if you click over to Brene's site she's doing a giveaway on her dvd. I can't even muster up the response needed to win today. hopefully tomorrow will be better. Meanwhile? I'm off to hustle like always.

No comments: