Monday, March 01, 2010

Super women

I'm doing some work for my friend who owns this super cute company Oré Originals. Lisa Lowe, President and founder is a super woman, not in the the cape wearing way but 'Super' and 'super human' as well. Business owner, mom, creative person, mom, traveler, seller, mom. I mention mom 3 times because it seems like it's equal to three jobs just watching those who do it.



I should tell you about all of her cute products because that's how I'm helping her but first I wanted to tell you about her because I like to know the people behind what I buy don't you? And I think it's just so wonderful that twenty years ago this woman who had her design degree began making recycled-rubber bulletin boards in her garage and selling them. And now? she has an amazing company located here in Long Beach.

So now can I show you my favorites? Her SugarBooger™ line is so stinkin' cute. The snaggle-toothed baby is my favorite. He appears on many pieces throughout but the dish set kills me every time.



Her pet line Oré Pet™ is not helping my thoughts on getting a small dog. I could simultaneously get my French obsession out with my dog obsession Le Bon Chien [The good dog]. Don't worry about the kitty. Old puss-n-boots is covered too


And not that the kids need any more distractions from eating their veggies but a chalkboard placemat? seriously cute. Maybe if the kids draw the veggies while they're eating them they'll go down faster? I know, who am I kidding.



She has so many cute products this doesn't even scratch the surface. I hope you go check them out. You'll be happy you did but also? I'll get four gold stars on the helping her part and you know what a whore I am for a gold star.

No comments: