Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Speaking of Creepy...

Do you know the author and illustrator Edward Gorey? he's the creepiest of creepies if you ask me and I love him. I've been so obsessed with pen and ink drawings of late. I just marvel at the detail that can come with a few little scratch marks. I've had a couple of his books for years but just pulled them out to study them a bit more.


His Gashlycrumb Tinies is a hoot, sort of the macabre version of the A B C's as each page starts out with a letter and a one liner about a kid that gets axed. A is for Amy who fell down the stairs, B is for Basil assaulted by bears...



Probably not something you want to read to your 5 year old at bedtime, but a 10 year old might get a hoot from it, and well we know the 40 year olds love it don't we?



Seriously though...the pen and ink work? to die for

Read more about him here

No comments: