Thursday, December 10, 2009

do you want the good news or the bad news?

I asked this last night to Chris when he called me after working a bizzillion hours in a row [no lie, he has 30hr shifts at the hospital] groggily he said ok lets start with the bad. And I passed along the news of the day. It all evens out doesn't it the bad and the good? it seems to lately.

So would you like the good news or the bad news, I say, knowing full well you won't really answer. The good news you say? Sure, let me show you my picture. Please let me apologize for my SAW IV movie posters, that's what my friend Gary calls them. It's the only way I can show you.



if you might remember I'm in a huge science project at the moment? Me an acupuncturist and a special bodywork person. We're out to save the world. Not really. Just out to saving me from another "cut me open, drill and put odd things into my spine". I thought I might tell you that we're using alternative medicine to cure my scoliosis. I think I might say that a few times if you don't mind. Just incase some poor 19 year old girl is googling this tag line scoliosis, alternative medicine. she may find this and save her from a surgery. because if you asked me now to do this surgery I would say no. There is another way. But when I was 20/21 I didn't know.

So may I tell you about my mug shot? the right photo is a xray taken this past April, the left taken just a couple weeks ago. Can you see it? please tell me you can see it. I drew the pink line in so it would help you. The doctors? they won't acknowledge the change. but I know it's better. I'm off pain medication for the first time in close to 2 years. I didn't think that was possible. We obviously have a long way to go. I don't expect to be straight, there are fusions etc that exsist. But I do expect improvement. That I know is possible, as I've already seen.

One huge thing. if you have someone in your life that has chronic back problems I cannot stress enough, shout enough about this body work series I did. I was VERY skeptical. It's a shit load of money I'm not going to lie but it changed my life. Hellerwork If you're interested in knowing more email me or leave me a note I won't bore you with the details but seriously got out of bed [morning is the worst for me] after my third visit and was pain free. PAIN FRIGGIN FREE. no lie.

So that's the good news. it's great news really. Just figuring out how to pay for the rest before my next xray appt in June. but that's another story.

The bad news? it's not so bad really but my stupid kidney thing is back. I have to have a little proceedure next week to laser the scar tissue out of that asshole tube that connects my bladder to my kidney. Whatevs...it's just a little thing no sweat. Looking forward to the killer cocktail they hook up to your IV if you want to know the truth.

1 comment:

Petunia Face said...

That IS good news and I CAN see the difference but it still makes me want to lie down on a hot water bottle. And give you a {gentle} hug.