Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Too Much of a Good Thing



A couple of people have told me over the last couple of weeks that I look like I've lost weight. Although I appreciate the compliment I weigh the exact same I have for the past 5 years or so. But this morning I was feeling pretty spiffy and thought you know...things do look a little different. I say that and also should mention that this is about the time of the month that I normally want to check myself into a lap-band hospital because the rolls that appear overnight during this time threaten to suffocate me in my sleep.

What could it be? I thought on my car ride into work this morning. I barely exercise anymore. I'm lucky if I get to one yoga class a week. Maybe it's my 1/2 rule that I've been enforcing on myself [only eat half of whatever you are served or want that is bad for you or yummy- essentially everything]. It's probably the 1/2 rule I decided. I've been doing good with that lately. Especially with meals out which are horribly large these days.

And then it dons on me... IT'S THE GREEN TEA. Back in August when I had the What If situation happen I read that 3 cups of green tea lowers your chances of cancer by 30%. I decided that 3 cups of green tea I could do. I didn't give up my coffee in the AM but incorporated the green tea in throughout the day. It started out slow with one a day, then I managed to do a second in the afternoon and then a 3rd I wedged in later in the evening. I'm not a big tea person but I found a couple of them that I like. Most notably the blueberry and orange infused versions that are bottled at Trader Joe's. In the last 3 weeks or so I've been kinda crazed about it really. The tea was spilling over into my weekends [the 3 cup thing I was doing at work]. After I found the bottled stuff it was all I could do not to drink the whole liter or whatever it is at one sitting. I don't even need sweetener anymore.

So on my car ride to the office today I thought well if 3 cups did this ...what would happen with 4? I could be the size 6 I always dreamed of without going to the gym! I could be svelte for once in my life! I could have the body I always dreamed of...and this is where the too much of a good thing, is well, too much.

I drank my 4th cup of tea at 4:30 this afternoon at at 5:15 I felt like I was going to hurl all over my office. You know that feeling when you have too much coffee? yah that. I think it was too much. I had to come home and lay down for an hour and then eat the second piece of toast so that it would soak it all up.

moderation. When will I learn moderation?

Yogi Tea isn't what made me ill today, but don't you love their packaging?

2 comments:

karey m. said...

all the women here drink green tea.

and now you? i'm in. xoxo. and have a great turkey day!

{you're so right...weird things happen to maybe break the ice with semi-strangers...or just non-fam.}

Willy T said...

Richie,

As you know I am so slow right now, waiting for client input and just was catching up on your blog. I truly love and appreciate your sense of style and vision. Keep on blogging and I will keep on reading

Bill