Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is it just me?


I'm betting on some good hate mail for this but...I'm feeling a little Decorno today.

I'm SO over the term "Green"

Everything is green now, eco-friendly blah blah blah. Hey look! recycled turds turned into wallpaper, but wait! now you can reuse the turd wallpaper to plant your garden when you get bored of it, or maybe it will power your car someday [actually that would be cool but stinky]. Or if one more person tells me that they've given up such-and --such. Just do it, you don't have to tell me you gave up meat to lessen the dung pollution ratio [yes, I was a veggie too once, I know it all]. It's great, plant your own garden, drive a hybrid, buy those ugly ass light blubs that put out the most gawd-awful color of light I've ever seen and are full of mercury. Do it, do it all. We'll all appreciate it in 10-20 years.

I recycle, I unplug shite when I'm done with it [yes, unplug your cell phone charger people] I'm conserving water [hell, I don't water my plants anyway], I use paper bags and not plastic. I live and work in a 5 mile radius. Now that's an achievement in Los Angeles.

I'm tired of it, the stubborn person in me wants to throw every light on, flush the toilet for no good reason, hose my sidewalk off [stop don't send me hate mail. I won't be doing it] It's enough, we get it. Please find a new buzz word to sell your products and getting us to be more kind to the planet.

And by the way, if I hear a TV person say the word "Staycation" one more time I might just go postal. I've done that for years people, it's called being too poor to go anywhere.

image via flickr Or maybe you could recycle your trash into a fab dress for that party you got going later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister.

franki durbin said...

I'm so glad you said it for me ;)