Thursday, January 29, 2009

Don't you think...

Oren Lavie has been on my computer sticky note for about 2 months now of music I want to buy. The first time I heard him I thought, wow they must have found old tapes of Nick Drake in a vault. Nick Drake if you're not familiar, died, I believe in the mid 70's. He also died of an overdose of antidepressants, which makes for a odd oxymoron. Before that fatal day though he became a noted singer-songwriter [and even more so post-mortem]. If you ask any musician about him they will go on for days. It's one of those things, like The drummer for the Police or the bass player for Primus. Compare and let me know what you think.

First... Oren Lavie


Compare with Nick Drake's Pink Moon which VW used a few years ago


Thanks to Gregory for posting over at AT today to remind me. I always forget You Tube has everything!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That first video is so smart! I love it. AND the song. Thanks for sharing.