Thursday, October 30, 2008

Off to see some music tonight



Ray LaMontagne at the Wiltern

I mentioned in conversation that I had tickets at the end of the month when my guy was around recently and he got sort of sad that I hadn't asked him to go with me. So I told him who I was going to see. "The tickets are for the guy you describe as "the whiney asshole" I didn't think you would want to go, plus you're at school anyway". "Oh that douchebag? Yah, I would rather stick needles in my eyes" As you can see, we agree on everything but music. I obviously have good taste and his...I'm not sure what to describe it as, possibly "upstate New York" would be appropriate

But my on and off music boyfriend John Mayer agrees with me, and we all know he has GREAT taste - except in women. Stay away from the blondes John...haven't you learned your lesson yet? Raven haired beauties, such as Moi are the only way to go.

From John Mayer Blog:
I think Ray LaMontagne is as brilliant as any artist that has ever lived.
Wait, let me think about that again. That came off pretty bold.
Nope, that's still what I want to say. Ray LaMontagne is as brilliant as any artist that has ever lived.
And he's getting better; tighter, more focused, more self-assured.

2 comments:

SGM said...

So jealous--I wish I lived near to go with you!
How was it?

Richie Designs said...

OMG he was so good live. Highly recommend him. I kind of expected it to be a little boring because he's so mellow but the love of his music really comes through on stage. You can really feel his music.

Not as crazed about his opening act. She was boring Leona Ness. It's really a bummer because her voice is so incredible but she puts no "umph" into her song. It's just one long drone.