Thursday, January 24, 2008
08' is kickin' my ass already
[ via flickr: because even super hero's get their ass kicked sometimes]
I've been trying to figure out something witty and fun to write about the past couple days and not a whole lot of fun and witty things are coming my way unless you count the dreams I've had about punching a certain person courtesy of SGM's story a few days ago! Thanks SGM.. after I vented guess who plopped down next to me in yoga class? Somehow I felt really bad about it [especially being in yoga] yet oddly still wanted to hit her!
So here's the real deal...I don't know about you but the new year always kicks my ass. Some people look at the new year as a fresh start/ new possibilities, I see it as total panic and fear of what the year entails, what I haven't done yet and how little time I have to actually do it. I do it to myself every year and yet I always seem to get out of bed every morning and get shit done. I don't know how, seeing as how I want to pull my television out of the wall install it in my closet, build a fort complete with mini fridge and never come out. [Ok, maybe to pee and shower occasionally but I'm not getting out of my flannel jammies and I will not put down the bag of peanut M&M's.]
I've spent a lot of time on "the couch" in my 38 1/2 years so I know the drill...do things that make you happy, call friends and all that crap... I'm a good student I know the actions it takes to keep going. My coffee habit started this way. Going to get a cup of coffee in the morning is a total treat, something that I know is a complete waste of money but for some reason is very glamorous to me. I started telling myself each morning during a particularly difficult project at work that if I went to work that day I could go get a coffee that morning. It got me out of bed and into the office, it was the only thing that kept my sanity and born from it is my $1.80-ish daily good-for-nothing coffee habit. Suzy Orman would scold me but I don't care, it makes me happy so I go.
I've been making a mental list of other things to keep me going so here they are in no particular order. If you're in the funk like me at the moment try it out and let me know how it goes [or save it for a rainy day later]
• Fashion Magazines - I love them all
• A new pair of shoes - I've found a few pair recently [Marshall's super sale!] I might have already maxed this one out.
• Morning coffee - as noted
• Seeing girlfriends - I have a couple of lunch dates planned
• Chick Flicks - 27 dresses anyone?
• Cleaning - I'm a control freak and cleaning makes me feel in control of my environment
• New Lipgloss or some new tube of goo to make me feel like I'm making myself look better in someway
• Vodka & Vicodin though not together. [This is the humor part folks]
• Art and photography - signed up for a new class in a couple of weeks, looking for inspiration for some new photography.
• My favorite snarky blogging girls [SGM, Franki, Decorno...you know who you are]. You have no idea how much I look forward to your daily inspiration and trash.
• Yoga, but I have to force myself to get there then deal with HER.
that's it for now, if you need me I'll be watching Access Hollywood and reruns of The Girls Next door or some other trash on TV in bed with diet soda and popcorn my favorite single girl dinner.
Posted by Richie Designs at 8:49 PM