Thursday, February 03, 2011

TAIL OF THE YAK

I've been thinking a lot about this store lately. Tail of the Yak in Berkeley. I've only been there a couple of times and not for about 10 years or so, so it seems odd that it would come into mind so frequently lately.



estate jewelry, vintage ribbons, French soaps and odd curiosities are in every nook and cranny from what I remember. I found these images today to remind me of what it really looks like. In my mind, it was much smaller and darker. Much more mysterious than these images.


I've been thinking about the Bay Area lately. Maybe because every time I think about running away from my life The East Bay and San Fran seem the perfect place to change everything.



you might say I'm having a mini mid-life crisis. I call it that because I don't know what else to call it when you're 40+ and don't have a plan. What am I suppose to be doing when I grow up? because I'm not sure about anything these days. It feels like I'm starting over but I'm not quite sure where I'm going to just yet.



but I tell you what. If I made a hat with all of these crazy fun flowers and wore it every day, I think by virtue, the creativity would enter my brain on it's own. {nod your head in agreement} because that's the best answer I have for today.

TAIL OF THE YAK
2632 ASHBY AVE
BERKELEY, CA 94705


Tail of the Yak 1. store image via Colleen Bapitsta the rest of the images found here on ladolfina

2 comments:

Petunia Face said...

You should move up here so we can be real life friends. I'd go to Tail of the Yak with you on Sundays...

:)
S

Richie Designs said...

that's a good plan to have