Thursday, February 10, 2011

Can a Crocodile Rock?

Do you ever have a flashback of something you did and get a little cringe? I think I have one of these at least 3 times a week. Something stupid I said as a young adult, sometimes about someone I dated that I knew was bad for me, or perhaps a wacky outfit that I wouldn't even want a photo evidence of now to laugh at [there seems to be a lot of these]



This morning Elton John was on Regis and Kelly. I don't watch the show but I know that because there were commercials on during the news that said so. He was playing Crocodile Rock and I got a little cringe.



It was either in 1st or 2nd grade and I convinced my best buddy to enter the talent contest at school. There weren't any winners per se but if you auditioned they let you on stage. We made up a little dance, one that involved a lot of arm flaying and our feet going side-to-side {I was a little dancing queen as a kid} Our moms made us matching JUMPSUITS. Yes, all caps are required to tell you that. JUMPSUITS TO CROCODILE ROCK. I think they were pink. I would not lie about this.

Well we did it. Got into the show and the little cafeteria was filled with parents who agreed to sit through it. And then what I didn't realize was that I would have to be IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. LOTS OF PEOPLE. We got up on stage and did our little deal - I suspect with less arm flays but wow. didn't. like. it. at. all. that was my first case of stage fright and not my last I tell ya. Talking to more than 3 people? same feeling. {a little cringe here}

So to tell you...I'm pretty sure the crocodile did not rock that evening.

but these totally rock! aren't these school things cute? they're via this Etsy shop. Thanks to Design Love Fest for the tip

No comments: