Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Stronghold

I adore this place. The Stronghold an Abbot Kinney [Venice] store for men & women. A little step back in time for well made goods.



Best known for their vintage selvage denim recreated from the 1895 first denim brand in Los Angeles, they have stock items and made to measure services as well. Even their off-the-rack stuff is tailored, all of their jeans are hemmed per spec.

Currently the store is carrying a very limited edition Red Wing Boot. They are they only store outside of Japan with any stock [I'd jump on that fast if I were you] I was also very smitten with their Alden Shoe collection [you know how I'm a sucker for a wing tip]

Women's gear isn't as prevalent as the men's but I would love to get a pair of made to measure jeans for certain.

No comments: