Monday, November 30, 2009

product review M2 skin care

In full disclosure the fine folks at Skin Care RX who are also my only sponsor here at richie headquarters asked me a while back would you be interested in testing a skincare line called M2? Skin care? Me? hells-to-the-yah. And then I stopped. Er...um I dunno, I'm really partial to my Clarins I thought, what is it you want me to test? They said this set that involves an Alpha Hydroxy Acids or something of the sort.



I don't think I'm the right person for you, I said. I'm super sensitive. I'm allergic to everything I say trying to weezel out of it [the Alpha Hydroxys have not been kind to me in the past]. Some more emails went back and forth we have one for "sensitive skin" it will be great they say, I say sure and expect to be making a trip to my allergist when it's all said and done.

This review thing is harder than it seems I have to admit. What if I hated it I thought? Ok, I just won't write about it. I mean they did give me a free set of product I would hate to bum them out by a bad review. No wonder every product reviewed in a magazine talks about how amazing it is. Don't believe it unless you hear first hand I'm telling ya.

But here's the thing, since we're talking about it. I like it. And I've been using it for 4 weeks or so and no skin irritation [amazing I might add on that part] and this Malic Acid [a type of hydroxy acid] thing? whoa a little zingy but I'm telling you whatever it is ate off the top layer of skin and my face is baby-butt soft. I'm not blowing smoke up your ass either. This weekend when Chris was home I had planned on handing it over to him for his take on it but I don't think I'm ready to give it up just yet. I am as surprised about this fact as you are at the moment.

so exfolating cleanser, skin refinish and skin recovery moisturizer. is what I've been using. The kit is $90, which considering I've paid that for one product, makes it a steal.

Some side notes on the product though. I don't find the moisturizer to be enough for me [I'm dry] and I've needed to supplement it with some of my standbys. I also might add I didn't care for the neon yellow color of the moisturizer either but it was just color, the smell was fine.

The Skincare RX site is pretty impressive. I've been poking around a bit to make sure they were on the up and up. Sothys, Murad, Perricone, Jan Marini, Kinerase, Dermalogica, Decleor [love their oils!], Cellex C are just some of their brands that I know and either have personally used, or have been used on me in treatments.

So from this skin junky...a surprising thumbs up

1 comment:

karey m. said...

the most believeablly honest product review ever.

{i do not think allure will be hiring you anytime soon.}

xoxo!