Sunday, November 29, 2009

The cutest art book in history

OOps I used that word again but seriously...Do you know Jay Ryan of The Bird Machine? I've featured him here before. He's famed for his snuggly bear posters kinda like this:


I was at the book store today and saw his new book, featuring many of his top posters and graphics featuring his curious animals: bears, fish etc. It's really swell and I had to fight myself to put it back.

If you have a art person in your life, or a teen involved in good music they would love it. He has done posters for bands such as The Melvins, The Flight of the Concords, The Monsters of Folk, My Morning Jacket, Jeff Tweedy and more. The book also features a funny graph in the back of the book listing the amount of times an animal appears in his graphics. The bear I think won out but, fish, cats, pigs and the like made appearances.



The book is available at Amazon $15.61 significantly less than the Barnes folks or check out the other book he has called 100 Posters 134 Squirrels also available on Amazon or The Bird Machine Site.

No comments: