Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stunning New Music

Ray LaMontagne's new Cd Till the Sun Turns Black released Tuesday is a simply stunning. If you like deep bluesy, beautiful guitar work and amazing orchestrating this one is for you. To be warned this isn't the happiest music on the planet, but he is a gifted songwriter very reminiscent of Nick Drake. You can also hear the influences of Ryan Adams' detailed writing and guitar style which he has also worked with.

For it being his second album [better known as the sophomore curse], this is a treat and I can happily recommend both of his CD's. I'm so glad he's getting the attention he deserves now [a track on an upcoming movie The Last Kiss and a recent story on NPR about his music]. I hope I get a chance to see him at a small venue before he really takes off. These are tunes that are meant to be seen in a small club for certain. As for me keeping one cd in the car for months...I think I have a new one already from The Fray.

No comments: