Sunday, August 13, 2006

Birthday Wishes




Happy Birthday to my nephew Bryan. He turns 13 this week. The land of teenager-ville is officially here. He is now in the 8th grade and a good student, a good boy [mostly] ;) This photo is a few years old but you can just tell.

I'm so proud of him, this year he was invited to participate with a college prep class with his middle school. He's so creative and a great artist I hope he goes on to pursue that. Personally, I'm voting for an architect in the family to build me my dream home when I'm 75 and can finally afford my own place. Help your Aunt Richie out!

Happy Birthday Bryan. Be good, have fun. My one piece of advice for my new teenage nephew is this...when in doubt on doing something that may or may not be good for you, ask yourself this question...."Will it make me a better person?" and most importantly "If my Mom finds out, would she ground me or kill me?" those are two good markers for questionable behavior, mine being the philosophical vein, Mom's being immediate pain.

But really, that's a great gauge to have; if it doesn't make you a better person...then it's probably not for you. Or at the very least, wait till you're 25 to ask yourself again.

love Aunt Richie

No comments: