Thursday, August 17, 2006

Coveting




I have coveted these shoes now for about 3+ years. I don’t know if other women are like this or not but I see something I like and it stays with me until I have it.

I attended a wedding in Malibu approx 3 summers ago. [and here is where it gets sick] I cannot tell you the name of the bride and groom [friend’s of the ex] but I can tell you that the best dressed woman at the event was a casting director, not too much older than myself, she wore a black strapless knee length dress with an oversized pearl choker necklace and she had on a pair of patent leather sling backs that were SO AMAZING I walked across the party to ask here where she got them. Probably sensing my $29.99 Marshall’s shoes and my clearance $19.99 JCrew dress [that too, I can remember], she very sweetly said 'oh, they are Christian Louboutin’s, and you don’t want to get started buying these things they are obnoxiously expensive.' She eluded to them as a bad drug habit.

I am still dreaming of those shoes…that come dangerously close to what I pay in rent. Now, there are other women who wouldn’t think twice about taking the plunge, and I can’t say that I won’t... but I haven’t needed them that desperately yet. I’m still hoping to find them on Ebay and pay 179$ instead of $700. Yes, mom... shoes that cost $700 and that's not even that high for some of his shoes. You might ask, how can a pair of heels be that amazing? All I can say is that you have to see them in person. For someone who is as 'art damaged' as myself I can spot the quality a mile away, even when I don't know what it is that I'm drawn too. It’s a sickness, I hate myself for it…wanting these damn shoes that will most likely hurt my back and my feet. But DAMN!!! I still want em’........... red bottoms and all.

-R

No comments: