Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sniffles & Tears

I can tell you that it's a certain kind of hell to be a designer planning my own wedding. It certainly can be fun, don't get me wrong, but then there are these things you dream up. The curse of this is that sometimes what you dream up doesn't exist and you have to figure out how to create it and then there are other times you find awesome people to make it happen.



We are an allergy kind of couple, sniffles galore on a good day. I thought that I would find Chris a personalize hankie for our big day and one for me because I cry just thinking about it. What I found was actually BETTER.

I set up my custom file, sent it to my vendor [I opted for no painted edges old-school] and voilá I got this lovely piece of artwork back. Now originally I just ordered four. One for me, Chris, my mom and his dad [our best people] and then I couldn't take the awesomness of it and ordered one for all of our guests [a whopping 16]. I've already suggested it to my first bride I'm working with as a sweet thing for her and her guy.



It may get shoved to the back of a drawer for our other guests but I know that ours will get used for years to come.

-----
btw this is a sneak peek of the full wedding invite which is AMAZEBALLS if I do say so myself. Hand illustration by the amazing and talented Serena Chang. Click to enlarge.

No comments: