Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NYFW Spring 2012



I have to admit I'm too busy at the moment to be as rabid about NYFW [New York Fashion Week] as I normally am. I stopped in today thought to browse. My girl Barbara TFank has not disappointed. I really think her name is not out there enough. From her presentation review:

Barbara Tfank started out as a costume designer, so it's no big surprise she fell for Elizabeth Taylor, whose on-screen looks were always so perfectly executed. "It's like geometry," Tfank said during her presentation, explaining the importance of the emphasized shoulder and the nipped-in waist. So, in a winking tribute to Taylor and her magnificent décolletage, Tfank coiffed her models in Liz wigs and padded their bras ("it's hard to find models with a lot going on up top," she confided).

I'm not a pattern person normally but that black floor length piece is making me very happy.

See her full show on Style.com
all photos by Style.com

No comments: