Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Smarty Pants

TED. I love TED. not a man I might add, TED, but the conference which is happening 10 min from where I sit typing this. I can't get in, it's sold out I drove by the tents today and sort of pressed my lips against the window in ernest. Hello TED I mouthed.



You may know about TED and if you don't this is the what is:
TED is a small nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with the annual TED Conference in Long Beach, California, and the TEDGlobal conference in Oxford UK, TED includes the award-winning TEDTalks video site, the Open Translation Program, the new TEDx community program, this year's TEDIndia Conference and the annual TED Prize.



essentially? all of the smartest, biggest thinkers and creators from music to food to science come together to talk about new stuff, to think about new stuff and hopefully generate new stuff from all sitting in one place. Brain power on crack.

It's a giant think tank. I love think tanks have I told you before? sitting and thinking of cool sh*t and getting paid for it. *Brilliant* Love it

Tomorrows sessions? Reason, Provocation, Invention, Breakthrough
Friday's? Boldness, Imagination and Play Bill Gates is in the boldness section. THE Bill Gates which impresses me and I don't even like PC's.

If you're curious you can sign up as a fan on Facebook and listen to lectures they post occassionally. Most of the time I have no idea what they're saying I just nod my head yes as I listen, like I did in school. Some of it's got to sink in by osmosis right?

No comments: