Monday, November 06, 2006

Sacramento pt.1







I love hanging out at my sister-in-law's day care. The place is generally chaotic and the noise level piercing...Still, she is amazing with them, generally on the floor with one or two in her lap, another hanging around her neck. She is an amazing giver and the children flock to her like 'the piper'.

Then of course there are my nephew[s] [the 13 yr old is boycotting photos currently] who I want to squeeze until they explode. I try and control myself most of the time but each time I leave I miss them horribly and I wonder how it is I love them the way I do...it feels odd, as they are not my own. I can't imagine being able to love someone more but I would guess it's different when they are yours [good and bad] The youngest [5] is has a very wicked since of humor with a flare for being a very elaborate story teller. It's funny how those things come out as they age. The 13 yr old...is a teenager. I wish I could tell him it will get better but it just sucks all the way around. It does get better around 23 I think? I'm a late bloomer so it was about 34 for me. sorry kiddo- I'm not much help in that department.

No comments: