Monday, July 25, 2011

wedding central around here both personally and work-wise. also babies have I mentioned? not me {yes, I heard you gasp} but announcements. It's been a busy couple of weeks.



chris and I reluctantly went and registered for stuff this weekend so that we wouldn't get bars of soap on a rope. Macy's was pretty easy and then we unfortunately went to Crate and Barrel. Sweet woman helped us really. I swear. But SO over the top like double SUGARY ICING sweet that I thought we might both have a melt down. I think that much cheer should be reserved for someone in their 20's getting married for the first time - not cranky 40-somethings.

I kept squeezing Chris' arm saying 'I know'. poor guy he was SO maxed out and well, I was too by the time she got done with her schpeel. I gunned 4 items and had to leave the place. thank gawd for online registering now.

When we got home he said "do I have to be nice to anyone else today?" in a please-don't-make-me-voice after a lovely neighbor stopped us to chat. No sweetie, you don't have to do anything else at ALL and with that I fixed us both a drink. I'm telling you...this wedding thing? is not for the faint at heart.

image from here

No comments: