Thursday, September 07, 2006

Skin Care Whore



Here's another random leak of personal information. I'M A SKIN CARE WHORE. I admit it, I am....have been since my early 20's when I became petrified of the possibility of wrinkles. You already know that I subscribe to every fashion magazine on the planet. I routinely cut out articles and research skin care products [and for the past few years plastic surgeons for when the day comes] that they review. I also worked in hair salons for over 9 years which is the Mecca of narcissm and a "cream for every part" mentality- which I have, and use every day.

I have been loyal to Clarins [still am] since introduced to the line while living in London. The pollution was so bad in the city that my acne free teenage years decided to rebel. I gave my lunch money to a woman down the street who cured me of my "spots". since then, I have skipped grocery shopping, omitted clothes shopping and other credit card abuses to keep my regimen up. I think it's worked... At 37, I still get carded buying alcohol, have boys in the 20's say hello [sweet, but no-thanks], and for the most part haven't had too many "oh-my-gawd-where-did-that-come-from" moments [although I can't say the same about my ass].

I recently got sucked into another product though which I think I might buy by the case now. SKII a line available in Japan for 20+ yrs before this. Developed by all people, a monk, who according to the site, "He was surprised to discover that the brewery workers [from a Sake brewery] had extraordinary soft and youthful hands. Even an elderly man with pronounced wrinkles on his face possessed the silky smooth hands of a young boy."

I've used the eye patches and most recently the facial masks and the facial treatment serum. All I can say is run, don't walk to your nearest Saks 5th Ave for it. Skip a few Lattes if you need to pay for it. it's worth it. I've tried A LOT of products this stuff is amazing!

Just wait for the boyfriend/hubby/or roommate to leave before applying the paper mask [soaked in the serum] you look like a total freak...but for great skin I'd stand on my head if they told me to. speaking of...humm wonder if it would help that ass problem?

1 comment:

ak said...

I have only recently and very late in my life (to me ) become a skin care product whore. I live in London as well. : )