Thursday, September 07, 2006

DWR's Vega Sofa

I received my new DWR catalog in the mail today. Sometimes I think they send me a copy just so that I can dream of the life I don't have. I could spend 10k in that store in a matter of minutes - no questions asked.

I've been obsessed with sectional couches since the seventies when my good friend Sherri [really her parents] had the most amazing L shaped burnt orange/brown sofa. Sherri and I use to move the pieces around to build forts, giant beds to watch tv or to jump on them. Thinking back on it, the sofa was in the Ligne Roset quality that I'm not even allowed to breathe around these days at my income. Sherri's mom has amazing taste, and I recall many situations that I promised myself I would have as equally as nice things as an adult. What a wacky kid to want a couch, fluffy towels & good toilet paper [I kid you not] at 11!

The Vega Sofa is reasonably priced [for DWR] $1898/$1298 and has a main with a chaise and ottoman. The coolest part is that the edges fold down to make a extended bed for company, or watching TV with your sweetheart. I think I would add two ottomans to my order [we're dreaming here right?] I might possibly be talked into all Moss Green if we're really getting crazy here.

No comments: