Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Wallis Simpson & George Clooney

I've become obsessed with Wallis Simpson. I can hear you say who? Did you see The King's Speech? Remember the woman who convinced the King of England to step down and marry a divorceé S.C.A.N.D.A.L



I didn't give much thought to her until I just read an article in this month's Vogue about how she left her second husband for The King...and then regretted how she got into the mess in the first place. Vogue has some of the letters she wrote her second husband during that time telling him of her regrets. Have you ever got into the middle of something [Hum - my first marriage] and not know how to get OUT? I sympathized with her a great deal.

I also am quite interested in her style of course. She was apparently fond of a certain blue that was later named after her "Wallis Blue" I can't tell you how jealous I am of this. I want my own color, I say, stomping my feet like a 5 yr old. I am not a fan of abdicating the King to get such a thing though.

Interested in the scandal as well? The NY Times blog has a diddy about her today. I think it's this book and then of course Madonna's new movie coming out about her that have caused my curiosity.

.....

What does this have to do with George Clooney you ask? Nothing. I just wanted to tell you I had the MOST exciting dinner in this little tiny place in the Hollywood Hills Saturday night. George was there with his super tall girl, Russell Brand minus Katy and a couple others as well. In all of my days I've never seen anything like it. No, I won't tell you the name of the place. It's my secret. You'll have to come to LA and take me to dinner to find out.

No comments: