Friday, June 08, 2012

The Art of Rap

I may be a middle.class.white.girl but I love Ice T. I have for years as in... I remember when Cop Killer came out [and the scandal] with Body Count and where the term OG came from - lets get that part clear.

I have a huge love for Public Enemy and Dr. Dre it seems odd to say it really, but I have always felt that they were telling the truth. It may have not been my truth, but theirs for sure.

I was thrilled to hear about this documentary. It's not about the chains, the cars, the houses or the Ho's it's about the music.

white girl can't wait.

2 comments:

Petunia Face said...

Word.

Anonymous said...

This doc looks very similar to the book called --
"How to Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC"
That came out a year or so ago, they interviewed pretty much the same people, though they interviewed more rappers for that book, it's really good.