Monday, August 02, 2010

close is only for hand grenades



Did I ever tell you about my friend Raquel? We were friends through an artist group I belonged to we met once a week for years [close to 15 years ago now]. I knew her through friends prior to that. Every once in a while she chatted about this guy named Paul that she dated every now and again when he was in town. He was a musician. She even sat in on one of his recordings as a back up singer. This is what I knew of Paul. She never mentioned his last name.



We were driving in the car a year + after I had first heard about her Paul and she says something about "Paul Weller". And I put it together. Excuse me? Paul Weller That's your Paul? As in Paul Weller from The Style Council?

umm, yes she says, I thought you knew? Um NO!!!! you have never mentioned his last name!

They were on the end of their little tryst at that point so I did not get to meet him, which is your next question I'm sure. So close and yet so far away.

No comments: