Saturday, March 03, 2007

interesting quote




I read this article about Christian Bale in GQ recently, mostly because I have a mini crush on him but he has some interesting things to say. I didn't realize he's been acting since he was a kid. Unlike most actors he stays by the wayside most of the time. This part of the interview struck a cord with me as I love maintenance and routine, but he's right you don't remember maintenance.

"You get times of our life, as I'm sure you know, when you can spend a couple of months and you look back and you don't know what you did. You were busy the whole damn time. You were doing stuff all the time. But it was maintenance. You don't remember maintenance, really. So you've got to try to have these other moments when you really can look back and see that you achieved something very clear. Those are the kind of peaks that you want to reach just to stop yourself from being a numb, boring asshole like unfortunately it's so easy to be."

No comments: