Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wedding Week part 1 Anne & Chad

































It’s wedding week around my circle of friends this week. Annie and Chad, Michele and Sean are both tying the knot on Saturday.

I had the pleasure of doing both of their invites earlier this year. Anne wanted something classic. She knew she wanted something with flowers, but knowing A. the way I do it wasn't the typical 'cheesy rose' thing. I started with hand illustrations, then scanned them into the computer and traced them into Illustrator to create a clean but delicate flower motif to use. We had about 3-4 images to choose from initially but this one both spoke to us when it came down to decide.

I created an invite housing the day's information, and then mounted it on a chartreuse green card stock. They had two versions, one to a private ceremony for close family and the second to a reception including all of their guests. I'm down with that, you don't want your co-workers watching you blubber like an idiot. Not sure that was their reasoning, but it sounded like a good theory to me.

A hand drawn map to accompany -unmounted. I felt something a little more rustic was appropriate for the initial images that we started with hence the hand drawn map.

The RSVP continued the illustration to the end. The RSVP had a matching chartreuse envelope, all of the pieces were sent in a #10 Chartreuse envelope.

A special Hello and Congrats to Annie and Chad as well, I couldn't be in two places at once this Saturday and I won't be able to attend my dear friend's ceremony. Have a fantastic day you guys. Remember, something will go wrong/blow up/not be as you thought it was, but in the end it doesn't matter, what does matter is your promise to each other and being a good friend to one another.

click on images to enlarge

-All my love
R.

No comments: