Tuesday, July 11, 2006

great old neon




I love old neon. I love the shadows it casts, I love it lit up at night...just everything about it. I became a bit obsessed about it when I saw some paintings 15+ years ago based on old neon, since then I take photos, sometimes use it in my own art, worship other artists that use it as well [Dave Lefner is my hero currently]

This lovely photograph is of Iceland Skating Rink in Sacramento, California. It has a special fondness for me for a few different reasons...the owners of the rink have lived next to my Grandparents since I've been alive, My mom skated in the "ice follies" there as a teenager [have the photo to torture her with] and later I broke my leg there my first time on the ice...hotdoggin' around the rink and probably no more than 30 min into my session. Yep, They call me Grace.

-Richie

No comments: