Monday, February 04, 2013

Some Days

Some days surprise me. You think your day will be ordinary and then everything just up and shifts. Ever have one of those? Monday began like that for me. It didn't start off so well and to be honest I wasn't in the best of moods. I had a client booked this afternoon for some time so I put my game face on, as he was coming by to watch / assist.


The groom's father was my client in this case. A retired printer and a calligrapher. I was already curious about this wonderful man who I helped through the process of setting up his son's files and plates. We spent the afternoon together today and he told me about the home he and his wife restored over 8 summers in the SW part of France, his travels as a young man around the world and being in Cuba just before Castro was in power. We talked about France, food and wine about paper and hand work.

It was such an unexpected gift. I hugged him goodbye and we're planning to meet up again soon.

Some days are such a surprise.

No comments: