Monday, November 05, 2012

Finger Jello

I'm elbow deep in Jello right now. Kids catalog shoot this week. Have you ever had Finger Jello? You can pack it in a lunch box it doesn't melt. 1970's trickery I tell you! My mom use to make this for us when we were little so I called her and got the recipe.


3 - 3 OZ packs of jello whatever flavor
4 - individual packets of Knox unflavored gelatin.
4 - cups of water


I particularly wanted to make it into Mega Block Lego Shapes [top image]...but it didn't go so well. Even spraying them with PAM I had to wedge them out with a skewer. But silicone ice cube trays from ikea worked like a charm [and really are a better size for eating] I also sprayed the trays with PAM to get them out.


Voliá mini fish and star Jello shapes. The flower tray is especially cute and the perfect button of Jello.

photos from INSTAGRAM did you notice I finally got it connected to the blog? [button on left hand side]



No comments: