Sunday, September 09, 2012

NOW READING


I can't say enough good things about Wild. The short story? the woman walked pretty much the state of California and figured out her life in the process. We should all be so brave to examine ourselves in such a fashion.

I had read an excerpt in a fashion mag when it was first released and didn't really think much about it, but a friend recommended it so I went for it. The book as a whole sucked me in so much that I stayed up till midnight every night reading. I blew through it in about a week it was so good.


Jenny Lawson, I'm not familiar with her blog but will seek it out now. Her writing style initially irritated me as a reader but as soon as I got acclimated to her banter-like style, it's produced tear-level laughter. Two thumbs up for Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

PS if you are in HR... you can't not read her chapter on being in HR. One of the funniest things I've ever read. I can say without a blink that I could not.do.that.job.ever.

what are you reading these days?



No comments: