Tuesday, November 03, 2009

New In the studio - T. Ruffle Logo

If you are here, I know you would like T. Ruffle which is launching today. I designed the main logo [they added a few fluffs of sparkle] for the new site for Karey and Mary so I'm kinda proud. The way this works is that the day starts out with a photo via Mary and then Karey finishes the day with her magical words. Twice the love all in one location. I know, sit down, you're looking a little pale. It's going to be that good.

So this logo started out with a cry for help from Karey a few weekends ago. A cry for help and a simultaneous warning of death I might add. As in, you tell anyone about our. top. secret. site. and I will sic a 4 year old at your knees with a frying pan. Got it sistah. Totally, I've seen those types in action and there is no getting out alive.



So as she calls it, I made sense out of non-sense. I call it listening to your client, err friend, I mean client I guess. She is both. So I did and sent her some things and she said yes, and this and maybe this, so I did and then we all went Yah! and then she did and then This happened. It was pretty fab and one of the fastest logos I've ever generated. I think that's what happens when you get to work with magical people. She. is. magic. as you all know. And if you don't know yet, please go read her now it will change all of your cells I swear.

And by the way I've failed to mention Mary Ruffle who I'm now default friends with. She is an ah-mazing photographer. But I'm still a default friend so I feel a little shy still. I think they will let me sit next to them at lunch today since I helped with the homework I'm honored.

4 comments:

karey m. said...

not only are you sitting at our table, i will make you lunch.

i hope you like marshmallow fluff.

seriously. you are a dream. i've never really seen - in action - someone listen so well. it was almost too easy.

and remember i was all "why was this so easy?" and you said "i can translate pretty well."

you should work for the U.N. just be sure to send them your photo. you'll surely get the job!

how demeaning. ahaha! and xoxo. and thank you a million times over.

mary said...

I am so happy to be your default friend! :)

And this is a long-overdue *thank you* for your lovely skills and super-fast turnaround. I am in awe of the talent you have.

Richie Designs said...

yeah [clapping] marshmallow fluff all around!

---
I'm down with the U.N how fun would that be? I have a white trench coat even and It has leopard lining. I can pretend I'm Angelina as Mrs. Smith [minus the body of course, and the lips and oh well...never mind]

I'll just translate design and call it a day!

Brown Button Trading said...

This is all just too exciting for words and have to pinch myself because i can't believe these two genius women have collaborated and you have designed the most fabulous of fabulous logos for them. They are the best of the best - words and photos, and clearly they got the best of the best to design their logo. DELICIOUS! x